Healthy eating and physical activity are important for teachers too! Not only are teachers important role models for these behaviors, but they are better able to do their jobs when they are feeling their best. Healthy eating and physical activity during the workday can help reduce sick day absences, relieve stress, and provide greater job satisfaction.
Making time for wellness can be tough for busy teachers. The ideas below can help you work nutritious food and movement into your day.
- Organize teachers to bring in one ingredient for a salad bar on a regular basis: Start a Salad Bar Club
- Create a system for sharing healthy recipes: Healthy Recipe Swaps
- Work with your administration to ensure staff meetings support healthy eating: Hold Healthy Meetings
- Walk with your coworkers before or after the workday: Start a Walking Club
- Keep one another motivated to reach your health and wellness goals: