Nutrition Education and Activities
Make summer fun with activities to keep kids moving and engage kids in games and activities to keep them coming back for more.
- Use lessons and parent newsletters from the Read for Health curriculum to engage participants using books and fun, interactive nutrition and gardening activities.
- Use the “Energy Balance” lesson from the ReFresh curriculum to teach about the concept of energy and its different forms and make ice cream in a bag!
- Engage youth through simple and ready to use games and challenges:
- Hot Tomato – Kids will be get wet and learn about seasonal fruits and vegetables with this version of a classic game. (English) (Spanish)
- Bring the Heat 2-Minute Challenge – Kids will challenge themselves to see how many exercises they can do in a specific amount of time. (English) (Spanish)
- The Big Wind Blows – Kids will get moving while getting to know each other better. (English) (Spanish)