The University of Maryland Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program (FSNE) has a variety of curricula used for nutrition education. Visit the links below to access each curricula.
Dig In! is a gardening and nutrition curriculum designed for grades 5 and 6. Dig In is a Team Nutrition curriculum. To access through Team Nutrition, visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/dig-standards-based-nutrition-education-ground .
- Dig In curriculum
- Lesson 1 – The World of Edible Plants
- Lesson 2 – Farm to Plate
- Lesson 3 – Healthy from the Ground Up
- Lesson 4 – Seeking Out What We Need
- Lesson 5 – Eat Your Colors
- Lesson 6 – The Global Garden
- Lesson 7 – Chef Challenge
- Lesson 8 – Fruits and Veggies Many Ways
- Lesson 9 – The Power of Choice
- Lesson 10 – Harvest Celebration
Edible ABC’s is a curriculum targeting preschool aged children and connects the letters of the alphabet with healthy foods and physical activity.
- Edible ABC’s curriculum
- Edible ABC’s parent letter (English and Spanish combined)
- Edible ABC’s Student Handout (English and Spanish combined)
- Edible ABC’s I Tried It half-page (I Moved My Body half-page)
- Edible ABC’s Picture Cards
- Good For You cards
- Edible ABC’s stickers
- Edible ABC’s Alphabet Activities
Grow It, Try It, Like It!
Grow It, Try It, Like It! is a garden-themed curriculum targeted for use with young children. Grow It, Try It, Like It is a Team Nutrition curriculum. To access through Team Nutrition, visit: https://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/grow-it-homes.
- Grow It, Try It, Like It curriculum
- Strawberry Patch
- Spinach Lane
- Cantaloupe Corner
- Crookneck Squash Row
- Peach Tree Orchard
- Sweet Potato Hill
- Grow It, Try It, Like It Basics
- Tasty Acres Farm Map
- Grow It, Try It, Like It Picture Cards
Growing Healthy Habits
Growing Healthy Habits is a garden-based nutrition education curriculum targeting youth audiences.
- Growing Healthy Habits curriculum
- Unit 1 — What’s So Great About Gardening
- Unit 2 — Parts of the Plant We Eat
- Unit 3 — Feed the Soil
- Unit 4 — Variety: The Spice of Life
- Unit 5 — Plan Your Planting
- Unit 6 — Seed Magic
- Unit 7 — Keep it Growing
- Unit 8 — Healthy Harve$t
- Unit 9 — Garden Fitness
- Parts of the Plant Poster (Cut Outs for Poster)
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Guide for Growing Healthy Habits
Healthy Kids Out of School Curriculum
- Healthy Kids Out of School curriculum
- Session 1 – Snack Smart Taste Test
- Session 2 – Talk Test
- Session 3 – Move More Activity Plan
- Session 4 – Fuel Foods
- Session 5 – Sugar Detectives
- Session 6 – Why Water Wins
- Session 7 – Healthy Kids Out of School Challenge
Market to Mealtime Kids
Read for Health
Read for Health is a is a language arts-based nutrition and physical activity education curriculum for elementary school students.
- Read for Health curriculum
- Lesson 1 — Max Goes to the Farmers’ Market (video)
- Lesson 2 — Happy, Healthy Ajay!
- Lesson 3 — I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato (video)
- Lesson 4 — Family Meals
- Lesson 5 — Fruit is a Suitcase for Seeds
- Lesson 6 — My Amazing Body (video)
- Lesson 7 — Why Do I Need to Eat Fruit and Veggies?
- Lesson 8 — A Feast for 10 (video)
- Lesson 9 — Who Needs to Eat Right? (Who Needs to Eat Right Book)
- Lesson 10 — Berry Tales (Berry Tales Story) (video)
- Lesson 11 — Up, Down and Around (video)
- Lesson 12 — Bread Comes to Life
- Lesson 13 — Dirt, The Scoop on Soil (video)
- Lesson 14 — Eddie’s Garden and How to Make Things Grow (video)
- Lesson 15 — Seed, Soil, Sun (video)
- Lesson 16 — The Two Bite Club (The Two Bite Club E-book)
- Lesson 17 — Time to Eat: Try Fruits and Vegetables with Me (Time to Eat Book) (video)
- Lesson 18 — Before We Eat: From Farm to Table (video)
- Lesson 19 — Potter the Otter: A Tale About Water
- Lesson 20 — Move Your Body! My Exercise Tips
- Lesson 21 — How Did That Get Into My Lunchbox?
- Lesson 22 — Grow Strong! A Book About Healthy Habits
- Lesson 23 — Choose Good Food: My Eating Tips
- Lesson 24 — Don’t Yuck My Yum (video)
- Read for Health Read aloud activities
- Newsletters — English only (Spanish only)
- Newsletters — Spanish and English combined
- Social Media Content
ReFresh is a curriculum specifically for 4th and 5th grade students.