The University of Maryland Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program (FSNE) has a variety of curricula used for nutrition education. Visit the links below to access each curricula.
Dig In! is a gardening and nutrition curriculum designed for grades 5 and 6. Dig In is a Team Nutrition curriculum. To access through Team Nutrition, visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/dig-standards-based-nutrition-education-ground .
- Dig In curriculum
- Lesson 1 – The World of Edible Plants
- Lesson 2 – Farm to Plate
- Lesson 3 – Healthy from the Ground Up
- Lesson 4 – Seeking Out What We Need
- Lesson 5 – Eat Your Colors
- Lesson 6 – The Global Garden
- Lesson 7 – Chef Challenge
- Lesson 8 – Fruits and Veggies Many Ways
- Lesson 9 – The Power of Choice
- Lesson 10 – Harvest Celebration
Edible ABC’s is a curriculum targeting preschool aged children and connects the letters of the alphabet with healthy foods and physical activity.
Grow It, Try It, Like It!
Grow It, Try It, Like It! is a garden-themed curriculum targeted for use with young children. Grow It, Try It, Like It is a Team Nutrition curriculum. To access through Team Nutrition, visit: https://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/grow-it-homes.
- Grow It, Try It, Like It curriculum
- Strawberry Patch
- Spinach Lane
- Cantaloupe Corner
- Crookneck Squash Row
- Peach Tree Orchard
- Sweet Potato Hill
- Grow It, Try It, Like It Basics
- Tasty Acres Farm Map
- Grow It, Try It, Like It Picture Cards
Growing Healthy Habits
Growing Healthy Habits is a garden-based nutrition education curriculum targeting youth audiences.
- Growing Healthy Habits curriculum
- Unit 1 — What’s So Great About Gardening
- Unit 2 — Parts of the Plant We Eat
- Unit 3 — Feed the Soil
- Unit 4 — Variety: The Spice of Life
- Unit 5 — Plan Your Planting
- Unit 6 — Seed Magic
- Unit 7 — Keep it Growing
- Unit 8 — Healthy Harve$t
- Unit 9 — Garden Fitness
- Parts of the Plant Poster (Cut Outs for Poster)
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Guide for Growing Healthy Habits
Healthy Kids Out of School Curriculum
- Healthy Kids Out of School curriculum
- Session 1 – Snack Smart Taste Test
- Session 2 – Talk Test
- Session 3 – Move More Activity Plan
- Session 4 – Fuel Foods
- Session 5 – Sugar Detectives
- Session 6 – Why Water Wins
- Session 7 – Healthy Kids Out of School Challenge
Market to Mealtime Kids
Read for Health
Read for Health is a is a language arts-based nutrition and physical activity education curriculum for elementary school students.
- Read for Health curriculum
- Lesson 1 — Max Goes to the Farmers’ Market
- Lesson 2 — Happy, Healthy Ajay!
- Lesson 3 — I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato
- Lesson 4 — Family Meals
- Lesson 5 — Fruit is a Suitcase for Seeds
- Lesson 6 — My Amazing Body
- Lesson 7 — Why Do I Need to Eat Fruit and Veggies?
- Lesson 8 — A Feast for 10
- Lesson 9 — Who Needs to Eat Right? (Who Needs to Eat Right Book)
- Lesson 10 — Berry Tales (Berry Tales Story)
- Lesson 11 — Up, Down and Around
- Lesson 12 — Bread Comes to Life
- Lesson 13 — Dirt, The Scoop on Soil
- Lesson 14 — Eddie’s Garden and How to Make Things Grow
- Lesson 15 — Seed, Soil, Sun
- Lesson 16 — The Two Bite Club (The Two Bite Club E-book)
- Lesson 17 — Time to Eat: Try Fruits and Vegetables with Me (Time to Eat Book)
- Lesson 18 — Before We Eat: From Farm to Table
- Lesson 19 — Potter the Otter: A Tale About Water
- Lesson 20 — Move Your Body! My Exercise Tips
- Lesson 21 — How Did That Get Into My Lunchbox?
- Lesson 22 — Grow Strong! A Book About Healthy Habits
- Lesson 23 — Choose Good Food: My Eating Tips
- Lesson 24 — Don’t Yuck My Yum
- Newsletters — English only (Spanish only)
- Newsletters — Spanish and English combined
- Social Media Content
ReFresh is a curriculum specifically for 4th and 5th grade students.