Engage families through seasonal gardening and nutrition newsletters
- Fall Newsletter (English, Spanish)
- Winter Newsletter (English, Spanish)
- Spring Newsletter (English, Spanish)
- Summer Newsletter (English, Spanish)
When teaching the Dig In curriculum, send home the parent booklet to parents and caregivers to share what’s happening in school, as well as healthy recipes, gardening tips, and shopping tips.
Read For Health
The Read for Health curriculum pairs a parent newsletter with each lesson to reinforce concepts learned in each lesson. Use these lessons and newsletters to keep parents informed and engaged
- A Visit to the Farmers’ Market Newsletter
- A Fruit is a Suitcase for Seeds Newsletter
- Where do Fruits and Vegetables Grow Newsletter
- Dirt: The Scoop on Soil Newsletter
- Healthy Gardens Newsletter
- Food From Earth Newsletter
- Farm to Table Newsletter
Eat Smart Newsletters:
Use the Edible ABC’s parent newsletter template when tasting a new fruit or vegetable, so that students can tell parents about the letter and food they are learning about and tasting.
Stickers are also a great way to share messages with parents. The ABC Stickers are a great example of showing parents that their child tried a new food and it this encourages conversations about the event.
The Grow It, Try It, Like It curriculum has parent newsletters with each unit that include recipes and reinforcement activities for home.
See the above school section for ideas on how to engage the families of out of school youth.