Ag Day is a historic event that promotes recognition and appreciation for all those involved in American agriculture. Celebration of this event will take place on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. Every spring, producers, agricultural associations, corporations, universities, government agencies and others across the country join together in recognition—and appreciation—of agriculture in our country. For more information please see the general Ag Day page. The resources and tools page contains social media suggestions and other information that might be helpful. Additional links can be found on the Ag Day helpful websites page.
FSNE suggestions on how to celebrate Ag Day:
- Try the Read for Health Farm to Table lesson. Read and discuss a new book with your class See What We Eat
- Teach the What’s So Great About Gardening lesson.
- Schedule a visit with a farmer at your site? Use this FSNE Invite a Farmer to the Classroom.
- Use this Farmers Market Field Trip guide to plan and pay for a farm field trip.
- Promote your local Farmers’ Market.
- Ask student gardeners give guided tours of school gardens.
- Schedule the Mobile Ag science lab to come to your school.
Connect with Parents:
- DHR Fliers: Fresh from the Market or Get Growing